When it comes to roofing materials, homeowners and contractors alike want products that combine:
- Durability 💪
- Style 💅
- Affordability 💵
CertainTeed shingles have been a trusted name in the roofing industry for over a century, providing a wide range of benefits that make them a popular choice. In this blog post, we will explore the history of CertainTeed, the pros and cons of their shingles, the cost considerations, and the different types of CertainTeed shingles available on the market.
The History of CertainTeed
Founded in 1904, CertainTeed is a well-established company with a rich history in the construction industry. Over the years, they have earned a reputation for manufacturing high-quality building materials, including roofing shingles. Their commitment to innovation and excellence has allowed them to become one of the leading brands in the roofing industry.
CertainTeed’s dedication to environmental sustainability and product quality has not gone unnoticed. They have received numerous awards and certifications, including recognition from the U.S. Green Building Council and the Cradle to Cradle Products Innovation Institute. This commitment to eco-friendly practices and responsible manufacturing sets CertainTeed apart from many competitors in the roofing industry.
5 Reasons to Choose CertainTeed Shingles
CertainTeed shingles are known for their exceptional durability. They are engineered to withstand harsh weather conditions, including heavy rain, strong winds, and hail. They also have a high fire resistance rating. With a CertainTeed roof, you can have peace of mind knowing that your home is protected from the elements.
CertainTeed offers a wide range of shingle styles, colors, and textures, allowing homeowners to choose a product that complements their home’s architectural style and personal preferences. Whether you prefer the classic look of traditional asphalt shingles or the sleek appearance of designer shingles, CertainTeed has options to suit your needs.
CertainTeed provides strong warranty coverage for their shingles, offering protection for up to a lifetime, depending on the specific product chosen. This warranty not only reflects their confidence in their products but also provides valuable peace of mind for homeowners.
4) Energy Efficiency
CertainTeed offers energy-efficient shingle options that can help reduce your home’s energy consumption. Their Cool Roof technology reflects more sunlight and absorbs less heat, which can lead to lower cooling costs during hot summer months.
5) Resale Value
Installing CertainTeed shingles can enhance the resale value of your home. Prospective buyers often view a well-maintained CertainTeed roof as a valuable asset, which can make your property more attractive on the real estate market.
Cons of CertainTeed Shingles
While CertainTeed shingles have numerous advantages, it’s important to consider some potential drawbacks as well:
- Cost: High-quality roofing materials come at a price. CertainTeed shingles may be more expensive upfront compared to some budget alternatives. However, their long lifespan and warranty coverage can offset this initial cost.
- Installation Complexity: Some CertainTeed shingle styles require skilled installation due to their unique features, which can increase labor costs. It’s essential to hire experienced roofing professionals to ensure proper installation.
- Availability: Depending on your location, CertainTeed shingles may not be as readily available as other brands. Be sure to check with local suppliers and contractors to ensure you can access the product you desire.
- Maintenance: While CertainTeed shingles are low-maintenance, like all roofing materials, they may require periodic inspections and maintenance to ensure their longevity.
How Much Do CertainTeed Shingles Cost?
The cost of CertainTeed shingles can vary significantly depending on several factors, including the shingle style, color, and the complexity of the installation. On average, you can expect to pay between $100 and $200 per square (a square is equivalent to 100 square feet) for CertainTeed shingles. Keep in mind that this cost does not include installation, which can add substantially to the total project cost.
Here are some additional cost factors to consider:
- Roof Size: The larger your roof, the more shingles you’ll need, which will increase the overall cost of materials.
- Shingle Style: Designer and specialty shingles typically cost more than traditional asphalt shingles.
- Installation: Labor costs can vary depending on the complexity of the installationand your location. Be sure to obtain multiple quotes from reputable roofing contractors to ensure a competitive price.
- Accessories: Don’t forget to budget for additional materials such as underlayment, flashing, and ventilation, which are essential for a complete roofing system.
- Warranty: CertainTeed offers different warranty levels, and the cost may vary depending on the level of coverage you choose.
It’s essential to consult with roofing professionals in your area to get an accurate estimate for your specific project.
Different Types of CertainTeed Shingles
CertainTeed offers a wide variety of shingle options to suit different aesthetic preferences and performance needs. Here are some of the most popular types:
The Landmark Series is a versatile line of asphalt shingles available in an array of colors and styles. Landmark shingles offer excellent durability and are a popular choice for homeowners seeking a classic, timeless look.
For a premium, wood shake-like appearance, the Presidential Shake series provides an elegant solution. These shingles mimic the texture and depth of natural wood while offering the benefits of modern technology.
If you’re looking for a dramatic and luxurious roofing option, the Grand Manor series features oversized shingles with intricate designs and a sophisticated appearance.
Carriage House shingles offer a rustic, hand-crafted look with the durability of asphalt shingles. They are ideal for homes with a traditional or historic architectural style.
CertainTeed’s Solaris shingles are designed to reflect solar energy and reduce heat absorption, making them an energy-efficient choice. They are available in a range of colors and styles.
Highland Slate shingles replicate the look of natural slate, providing an elegant and timeless appearance. They are a cost-effective alternative to real slate roofing.
Combining energy efficiency with style, Landmark Solaris shingles are designed to reduce cooling costs and come in a variety of colors to match your home’s exterior.
Work With a Certified Installer
CertainTeed shingles offer a compelling combination of quality, variety, and reliability for homeowners and contractors alike. With a long history of excellence, strong warranty coverage, and a commitment to environmental sustainability, CertainTeed stands as a trusted leader in the roofing industry. While the upfront cost may be higher than some alternatives, the durability, energy efficiency, and resale value make CertainTeed shingles a wise investment in your home’s future.To find the perfect CertainTeed shingle for your project, consult with a local roofing professional and explore the range of styles and options available. As a CertainTeed Select Shinglemaster, our roofers at Springfield Roofing can help you get the support you need. Contact us today to get started!